Friday, March 28, 2014

Letting Go




I keep thinking I'm almost done writing this novel. Just one more chapter and I'll let it go into my editor's hands. Then something happens and I delay the inevitable; ending a relationship with a bunch of cool characters and saying good bye to a story that lived in my head forever. I use any excuse not to finish what I started nine months ago. I have to pay bills, feed the dogs, feed myself (repeatedly) pick lint off my sweater, stare at the floor. The list goes on and on. But then I snap out of it. What am I thinking? Of course. I'll turn it into a series. My characters will never die. I call my editor and give her a date. Now there's no way out. I have to finish and set the story free. So this week I'm completing "The Body Dowser" with the hope all my readers enjoy the story as much as I enjoyed writing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment